The quest for the best investment has been going on for years. Gurus from around the world are always attempting to find this holy grail. I think people have even been given Nobel Prizes for their discoveries in finance.
Some will argue it’s real estate. Others will tell you it’s a well diversified portfolio of index funds. Another expert may tell you it’s precious metals or distressed properties. I would argue it’s the 100% return I see in my Amazon business.
These are all wrong!!!
The greatest investment you can make is in yourself! An ongoing investment in yourself.
When you are constantly making an investment in yourself, the value you create increases. When you increase value, then your income, life style, relationships will all go up!
Many people invest in themselves by obtaining their college degree,but that is where 90% of the populations stops. It is estimated 90% of population never reads a meaningful book after graduation. So if you have read one book since graduation (not including 50 Shades of Grey) then you are ahead of 90% of the people. If you read three books a year, then you are well on your way to a great life.
As the famous quote says, “If you’re not growing, you’re dying.”
Here are 23 ways to invest in yourself today (mostly for free):
2) Check out books at the library
3) Watch Ted Talks
4) Rent books on tape (or sign up for Audbile.com)
5) Read blog posts
6) Go to networking events (there are a ton of free ones)
7) Learn a new skill
8) Take a class on Udemy (there are a ton of free ones)
9) Take a class on the Khan Academy
10) Read the Bible
11) If your company offers tuition reimbursement, take a few classes at a local university
12) Subscribe to Success Magazine (or check them out a local library)
13) Learn a new subject and create a course on Udemy (sometimes the best way to learn is to teach)
14) Participate in webinars
15) Create a master-mind group
16) Take someone successful to coffee each week
17) Understand your personality by taking free online personality tests
19) Start a new habit (exercise, walk, read, ect)
20) Create a free blog
21) Understand how to properly use social media
22) Try the low-carb diet
23) Create something
That is a starter list for you. Pick one or two and start your road to investing in yourself. It will pay off.
Do you have anything to add?