Today is my favorite holiday of the year – Thanksgiving.
To celebrate Thanksgiving here are some Thanksgiving facts to help you impress your family:
- The average person consumes 4,500 calories on Thanksgiving
- Average weight of turkeys purchased for Thanksgiving Day is 16 pounds
- According to the National Turkey Foundation (I didn’t know that was a thing either) 88% of Americans eat turkey on Thanksgiving
- 50% of Americans put the stuffing inside the turkey
- The first Thanksgiving was in 1621
- There was no turkey during the first Thanksgiving dinner
- Thanksgiving is the reason TV dinners were invented. Swanson had a ton of extra turkey and decided to package it as a TV dinner.
- The president pardon’s a turkey every year
- Macy’s Thanksgiving parade started in 1924
- Wild turkeys can run up to 20 miles an hour
- The heaviest turkey recorded was 86 pounds
- Female turkeys do not gobble
- Ben Franklin wanted the national bird to be a turkey
- The first Thanksgiving feast lasted three days
- The best Thanksgiving Day Song is:
Have a great Thanksgiving!